BENEFITS OF LEARNING GERMAN AS A SECOND COMPULSORY FOREIGN LANGUAGE IN SCHOOLS
It is never too early to start learning a language: it is fun, it promotes healthy development and many more cognitive and social benefits that last a lifetime. There are a number of reasons and benefits why learning German as a second language puts the child himself ahead of other children. Parents can also be of great help here, whether they know German or not. Numerous studies show that children who learn a second language, such as German, have an advantage from the very beginning. Experts have found that learning a foreign language has its benefits for brain health, due to the fact that it can be a very useful hobby for our health, because it encourages an increase in gray matter. Another of the many benefits of learning a second language is the fact that it opens up a whole new world of career opportunities.
2. Ainsworth, M. &al. (1978), Patterns of attachment, Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum;
3. Angeloska, G.N. (1998), Qualitative research in upbringing and education, Kiro Dandaro, Bitola.
4. Basic, V. (1978), Predškolska deçà koja teško ostvaruju socijalne kontakte, Predškolsko dete, Beograd;
5. Damovska L, ...(et al.): (1999), Standards for early learning and development in children aged 0-6 years, Skopje, Ministry of Labor and Social Policy;
6. Carless, D. R. (2003). Factors in the implementation of task-based teaching in primary schools System;
7. Eric Erickson, Erickson's stages of psychosocial development;
8. McKay, P. (2006). Assessing young language learners. UK: Cambridge University Press
9. Simonson, M., Smaldino, S, Albright, M. & Zvacek, S. (2000). Assessment for distance education (ch 11). Teaching and Learning at a Distance: Foundations of Distance Education. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall;
10. Ray, G.E., Cohen, R. & Secrist, M.E. (1995). Best friend networks of children across settings. Child study Journal;
11. Prodanovic, Lj. (1979), U čemu, kad, kako. . . u predškolskoj ustanovi, Prilog metodici rada s roditeljima, Beograd;
12. Ramsey, M., Bayless, K., (1983), Prvi dani u vrtiću, Predskolko dete, Beograd;
13. Shkarik,М.О.(2009), Childhood and Adolescent Psychology (Developmental Psychology 1), Faculty of Philosophy, Skopje.
14. https://worldscholarshipforum.com/mk/learning-a-second-language/(посетено на 08.06.2020)